You can see some photos of this event on this page.
Our summer outing this year will be to visit the Mission to Seafarers in Dunkerque and find out more about the great work they do.
We have close ties with the Mission and its chaplain, Reverend Ben Humphries and last Christmas, we collected gifts and necessities for the Christmas parcels they distribute to those far from homes and families.
Programme for the day
- Morning: Visit the Mission
- Lunch: Barbecue in the Mission garden
- Afternoon: free time to visit the beach, the museums, the town, the port …
- The Mission will be back to work at 5 pm, so although you can stay in Dunkerque as long as you like, you won’t be able to use the Mission premises after that time.
- Please aim to arrive at about 11:00
- Address of the Mission: 130 rue de l’Ecole Maternelle, Dunkerque
- Make your own way to Dunkerque. Train and bus is easy, or use your own car.
- The train times are shown in the document at the foot of this page
- Buses are free on Saturday: number 8 from the station (get off at Hermitage) or bus number 2 also from the station (get off at Hotel de Ville)
What to bring
- Please bring some food and drink to share: we need drinks and desserts (salads and barbecued meats provided).
There is a location map above. Click to enlarge and find directions, and click this link for information about things to see in Dunkerque.